Handcrafted Sugar Flowers
Making sugar flowers that pay homage to their real counterparts is an art form in itself. These handmade blooms are integral to many of our cake creations, and are inspired by the nuances of natural buds and blooms. Your guests will be wowed by these memorable sugar showpieces, which also make lasting keepsakes.
- Single large sugar flowers are typically priced by the stem, e.g. peony, succulent, magnolia, ranunculus, garden rose, orchid, dahlia (ranging from $10-$45 each, depending on size and complexity)
- Smaller sugar flowers (e.g. bougainvillea, hydrangea, sweet pea, rosebud, plumeria) are priced as clusters of three (ranging from $10-$30 per cluster, depending on size)
- Combined clusters (e.g. a single large peony, plus a couple of smaller "filler" flowers/buds, plus a spray or two of berries or foliage) create maximum visual impact on a cake (typical price range for a combined cluster is $60-$80)
- Some cake designs require just a single large flower, others look best with a single combined cluster or indeed several -- we are always happy to advise you regarding the combination and placement of sugar flowers that will produce maximum "wow" factor within your intended budget
- Many of our clients choose to put their sugar flowers on display in their home after the event; this is most easily accomplished with an elegant glass cloche (to protect the flowers from moisture and dust) -- if you'd like to do this, we can provide a cloche for you ($22-$30 depending on size required) and can instruct your caterer about keeping the flowers intact while removing them from the cake